In Miss Hansberger's classroom we learn Math through the Habits of the Mathematical mind.
1. Make sense of problems & persevere in solving them.
2. Reason abstractly and quantitatively.
3. Construct viable arguments and critique the reasonings of others.
4. Model the mathematics.
5. Use appropriate tools strategically.
6. Attend to precision.
7. Look for and make use of structure.
8. Look for and express regularity in repeated reasonings.
This is accomplished through hands-on inquiry and models. I have a love for hands-on activities meaning that the students in my room learn through hands-on activities as much as possible. The students are to learn and ask questions for themselves and take pride in their learning. Through this process we have fun doing projects, while learning engaging material.